BYRE COTTAGESelf-catering holiday cottage
Self-Catering Holiday Cottage – Sleeps 4
Byre Cottage is a delightful barn conversion, found adjacent to The Old Dairy B&B where the charming hosts are on hand to provide local information to ensure you enjoy the very best of the area.
Boasting two light and airy bedrooms, together with a well-equipped kitchen and a spacious open-plan living area, all tastefully decorated and furnished to a high standard, Byre Cottage is ideal for up to four guests. Outside the cottage is a small courtyard with a bistro table and chairs, ideal for enjoying your morning coffee or a glass of wine!
- Spacious, open-plan living area, including dining table and chairs, and a comfortable sitting area, complete with flat screen TV and DVD player.
- Well-equipped kitchen including electric cooker and hob, dishwasher, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, drying rack, iron and ironing board.
- Ground floor bathroom complete with walk-in shower, basin and toilet.
- Light and airy double bedroom with flat screen TV and plenty of storage space.
- Spacious twin bedroom with flat screen TV.
- First-floor cloakroom with toilet and basin.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout.
- Dedicated parking space for one car (additional cars may be accommodated on request).
- Small, courtyard with bistro table and chairs.
- Bed linen and towels provided.
- High chair and travel cot available on request (small hire charge applied)
- This is a no smoking property.
- Shop 0.8 mile, bus stop 0.1 mile, train station 0.5 mile, four pubs within 1 mile (closest pub 200m)
It is just a short stroll into the centre of the idyllic, fishing village of Lympstone where you will find a local shop, post office, café, four thriving pubs, the quaint harbour and cobbled lanes leading to the shoreline along the Exe Estuary, a RAMSAR Site of Special Scientific Interest, recognised for its migratory bird life during the winter months. The spectacular sunsets over Powderham Castle make the shoreline an ideal spot to enjoy an evening sun downer. You can enjoy delightful walks or bike rides along the stunning SW Coastpath or Exe Cycle Trail to Exmouth, Topsham and beyond. For those seeking fine dining cuisine the cottage is on the doorstep of Michael Caines’ acclaimed Michelin Star, Lympstone Manor. Byre cottage is ideally located for exploring the very best of this area of East Devon including award-winning beaches, the Jurassic Coast, the breath-taking Dartmoor National Park or the Cathedral City of Exeter. Ideally situated, in close reach of many of Devon’s gems Byre Cottage is an ideal base for you and your family to enjoy Devon at any time of the year. For those wishing to leave the car at home Byre Cottage is close to good, regular public transport links (both bus and train) ideal for exploring the very best of this beautiful part of Devon.
Note: There are two steps leading up to the kitchen and ground floor shower room. The property is set back from the main road and there is some road noise, particularly if the windows are open. To walk into the village there is a stretch of 100 m along the road, part of which has no pavement. The driveway to the property is accessed directly from the main road and care must be taken when pulling out.