BYRE COTTAGESelf-catering holiday cottage
Self-Catering Holiday Cottage – Sleeps 4
Byre Cottage is a delightful barn conversion, found adjacent to The Old Dairy B&B. Should you need us during your stay we are on hand to provide information and advice to ensure that you enjoy the very best of the area but will otherwise leave you to enjoy a peaceful and relaxing stay.
With two light and airy bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen and spacious open-plan living area our cottage is the ideal holiday accommodation for up to a maximum of four guests. Outside the cottage is a small courtyard with a bistro table and chairs and comfortable seating area ideal for enjoying your morning coffee or a glass of wine!
- Spacious, open-plan living area, including dining table and chairs, and a comfortable sitting area, complete with flat screen TV and DVD player.
- Well-equipped kitchen including electric cooker and hob, dishwasher, microwave, full size fridge/freezer, Nespresso Coffee machine, washing machine, iron and ironing board.
- Ground floor bathroom complete with walk-in shower, basin and toilet.
- Light and airy double bedroom with king-size bed, flat screen TV and plenty of storage space.
- Spacious twin bedroom with flat screen TV, hanging space and chest of drawers.
- First-floor cloakroom with toilet and basin.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout.
- Dedicated parking space for one car (additional cars may be accommodated on request).
- Small, courtyard with bistro table and chairs and additional comfortable seating area.
- Bed linen, towels & tea-towels provided.
- This is a no smoking property.
- Shop 0.8 mile, bus stop 0.1 mile, train station 0.5 mile, four pubs within 1 mile (closest pub 200m)
It is just a short stroll into the centre of the idyllic, fishing village of Lympstone where you will find a local shop, post office, café, four thriving pubs, the quaint harbour and cobbled lanes leading to the shoreline along the Exe Estuary, a RAMSAR Site of Special Scientific Interest, recognised for its migratory bird life during the winter months. The spectacular sunsets over Powderham Castle make the shoreline an ideal spot to enjoy an evening sun downer. You can enjoy delightful walks or bike rides along the stunning SW Coastpath or Exe Cycle Trail to Exmouth, Topsham and beyond. For those seeking fine dining cuisine the cottage is on the doorstep of Michael Caines’ acclaimed Michelin Star, Lympstone Manor. Byre cottage is ideally located for exploring the very best of this area of East Devon including award-winning beaches, the Jurassic Coast, the breath-taking Dartmoor National Park or the Cathedral City of Exeter. Ideally situated, in close reach of many of Devon’s gems Byre Cottage is an ideal base for you and your family to enjoy Devon at any time of the year. For those wishing to leave the car at home Byre Cottage is close to good, regular public transport links (both bus and train) ideal for exploring the very best of this beautiful part of Devon.
Note: There are two steps leading up to the kitchen and ground floor shower room. The property is set back from the main road and there is some road noise, particularly if the windows are open. To walk into the village there is a stretch of 100 m along the road, part of which has no pavement. The driveway to the property is accessed directly from the main road and care must be taken when pulling out.